Most recent driver aborts transaction after one error - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Bart Samwel
Subject Most recent driver aborts transaction after one error
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi there,

I have just upgraded to PostgreSQL 8.1 and I have encountered the
following problem. When I connect through psqlODBC 8.01.0200 (PostgreSQL
Unicode), a sequence like the following:

   <start a transaction>
   DROP SEQUENCE BAZ;
   SELECT 1;

will give an error on the DROP SEQUENCE:

   "42P01: Error while executing the query;
   ERROR:  sequence "app_bod_seq" does not exist"

and will then give an error on the SELECT 1:

   "25P02: Error while executing the query;
   ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
   transaction block"

When connecting through the psqlODBC 8.00.0102, I do *not* get the
second error. This is, in fact, what I would expect. It is also what
pretty much all other databases do (our application also runs on
Informix, Firebird, Oracle and MS SQL Server, and they all allow failed
commands in transactions without forcing a rollback). And it is what the
8.00.0102 driver did. Was this behaviour changed on purpose, and if so,
why? Please enlighten me!

--Bart

P.S.: I'm not subscribed to the list, please keep me CC'ed!
[3348]globals.extra_systable_prefixes = 'dd_;'
[3348]aszKey='DSN', value='postgres'
[3348]copyAttributes:
DSN='postgres',server='',dbase='',user='',passwd='xxxxx',port='',sslmode='',onlyread='',conn_settings='',disallow_premature=-1)