Re: Run PostgreSQL with Administrator account in Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Louie Loria
Subject Re: Run PostgreSQL with Administrator account in Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Michael Louie Loria wrote:
>>> How do I run PostgreSQL with Administrator account in Windows?
>
>> You can't. It is a security issue and we don't allow it.
>
> FYI, there is code in CVS HEAD to allow starting the postmaster from
> an admin account via pg_ctl: pg_ctl will give up admin privileges before
> launching the postmaster, thereby closing the security hole.
>
>             regards, tom lane

I was thinking of that but I'm new to PostgreSQL so I still don't know
how to compile it. Currently checking
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_MINGW.html and subscribing to
pgsql-hackers. Thanks

Michael Louie Loria