Re: PostgreSQL committer history? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: PostgreSQL committer history?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Neil Conway wrote:

> There's nothing stopping you -- most code review is done on
> pgsql-patches via email. If you or anyone else wants to contribute,
> please go right ahead -- participating in code review certainly doesn't
> require commit privileges.

I'm guessing that that's a good way for people to qualify for
a commit bit as well.  If core sees someone making intelligent
sounding comments on patches across a wide area of the code, I
bet that'd go a long way to making them want to give the guy a
commit bit.  Especially if (when a patch looked good) the reviewer
left subtle hints like "I'd check it in if I had a commit bit"
and if core agreed with the reviewer almost every time he said that.