Re: MSSQL To PostgreSQL Via DTS - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: MSSQL To PostgreSQL Via DTS
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Daniel Holm wrote:
> No luck with the experimental driver either, 2 rows with text fields,
> sizes: 80804 and 63456  bytes.
> Default settings on ODBC+ driver (max length 8000 or so) result in:
>
>>MSSQL Error: Data for source column 1 ('textfield') is too large for
>
> the
>
>>specified buffer size.
>

> After modifying max length, I get various errors

Were you able to connect to the database before the modification using
the experimantal driver ? Are you using the different DSN from the
one which uses the official driver ?

 > such as catastrophic
> failure, a serious error occurred while connecting to the provider,
> provider not initialized, etc. I cant get anything to work on the ODBC
> driver now. I will reboot the machine and try it again later this
> evening.

Please replace the dll psqlodbc35w.dll by the one at
  http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/index.html
and send the mylog output to me.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue