Re: [PERFORM] temporary indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: [PERFORM] temporary indexes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
<16797.1141150016@sss.pgh.pa.us>,
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> IN works fine on multiple columns:
>
>     (foo, bar, baz) IN (SELECT x, y, z FROM ...)

Thanks for pointing that out.  I recognize it as valid ANSI/ISO syntax,
using a row value constructor list.  Unfortunately, row value
constructor lists failed to make the portability cut for allowed syntax
here, because it was not supported by all candidate products at the
time.  It is still not supported by the product we're moving from, and
we'll have about a one year window when our code will need to run on
both.

-Kevin