Access to last date and time role was used to connect - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Morgan
Subject Access to last date and time role was used to connect
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I have tried to find this within both the 8.3.6 docs and searches
within the mailing list archives, but I couldn't find anything.

I am new to postgresql, after having followed it from a distance for
quite a few years.  I have used other systems quite a bit over the
years and this data was often available from the system metadata or
data dictionaries.

Has there been any discussion of including this within the system
catalog, or is the general consensus that it is best handled locally
by administrators via triggers and local tables?

Thanks.

Robert