Re: Access as a front-end or another query builder - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Access as a front-end or another query builder
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Relyea, Mike wrote:
> Ellen,
>
> I use Access as my front end, and had the same problem.  In the end I
> ended up using pass-thru queries that I created on the fly with a little
> VBA.  I still use the query builder in Access to get all of my joins
> right (it's so much easier to see it visually when there are a lot of
> joins).  I bring the SQL that Access generates into Notepad and hand
> massage it until I've got it just right.

For this hand massaging job I'd recommend pgAdmin's query tool: you have
syntax highlighting and can check syntax and performance immediately.

We still don't have a programmer who's interested in spending time on a
query builder for pgAdmin, volunteers are welcome.

Regards,
Andreas