Re: TCP_NO_DELAY & TcpAckFrequency (Re: Slow query through - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From O B
Subject Re: TCP_NO_DELAY & TcpAckFrequency (Re: Slow query through
Date
List pgsql-odbc
You may try "ethereal" which can give you more details than the TCP dumps with a structured view of packets and protocol layers.

Olivier.

Marc Herbert wrote:
Arnaud Lesauvage <thewild@freesurf.fr> writes:
Sure !
Here are the two dumps.
http://tehwild.free.fr/divers/dumps.zip
One is a TCP dump of the query through pgAdmin, the other one
through psqlODBC.
The first obvious difference is that the window size is not the same,
but I don't know how to interpret that.
The best free tools I know to analyze such issues is tcptrace + xplot

<http://www.tcptrace.org/>

TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to      choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not      match