Re: Oracle purchases Sleepycat - is this the "other shoe" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Wampler
Subject Re: Oracle purchases Sleepycat - is this the "other shoe"
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:
>> Oracle purchases Sleepycat.  From what I understand, BerkeleyDB was the
>> "other" way that MySQL could have transactions if Oracle decided to
>> restrict InnoDB tables (after purchasing Innobase last year).
>
>> Does this mean the other shoe has dropped for MySQL AB?
>
> The deal's not gone through yet, but it sure does look like they want to
> put a hammerlock on MySQL ...

Oracle claims it has (has anyone been contacted by Oracle about PG :)?):

http://www.informationweek.com/software/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=180200853&subSection=Open+Source
--
Steve Wampler -- swampler@noao.edu