Re: Free WAL caches on switching segments - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Free WAL caches on switching segments
Date
Re: Free WAL caches on switching segments
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:

>>Yes, your vote counts very much.  What if I apply the patch, but mark
>>the posix_advise() call in a NOT_USED macro block, so it will be ready
>>for people to test, but will not be used until we are sure.
>

> Sounds like a recipe for ensuring it never will be tested.  What's
> needed here is some actual tests, not preparation...

Gotta second that.

Does the OP have a test scenario that those of us with appropriate OS's
could try? Come to think of it, what are the appropriate OS's? (I see
NetBSD mentioned so I suppose all the *BSDs, but what others?).

Cheers

Mark