Re: TCP_NO_DELAY & TcpAckFrequency (Re: Slow query through - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Arnaud Lesauvage
Subject Re: TCP_NO_DELAY & TcpAckFrequency (Re: Slow query through
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Marc Herbert a écrit :
> Same thing if you force TCP to send ACKs more frequently using
> TcpAckFrequency: then you'll get some TCP_NO_DELAY effect as a
> bonus. Once you decided to send an ACK, then better send the staging
> data in the same packet!

OK, but Magnus is affirmative that TCP_NO_DELAY is enabled on both
the client and the server.
So sending ACKs more frequently should not change the behaviour of
the Nagle algorithm. Or am I still misunderstanding something ?

Regards
--
Arnaud