Re: Patch: Query favourites - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Patch: Query favourites
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> On a related note, this introduces dependencies on libxml2 and iconv.
>> These are both available from www.xmlsoft.org, precompiled
>> for Windows, and are both on most unixes already, however, on
>> Windows there is no standard place for them to live. There
>> are two sensible options I can see for these, and wxWidgets:
>>
>> C:\wxWidgets-2.6\
>> C:\libxml2\
>> C:\iconv\
>>
>> Or
>>
>> C:\pgadmin-prereqs (or some other name)
>>       \wxWidgets-2.6\
>>       \libxml2\
>>       \iconv\
>>
>> Thoughts/preferences?

Wish we had easy soft links under win32...
> I like the latter. Even better if it could be made a relative directory
> wrt to the pgadmin directory. Say I have c:\src, then I could have
> c:\src\pgadmin3 and c:\src\pgamdin-preqreqs. Or so.

+1.
Relative path should consider the multi-version situation (1.4 and
HEAD). So the path should be something like ../pga-prereq. I wonder if
VCxx will work correctly with that.

Regards,
Andreas