Re: Patch to readme - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Patch to readme
Date
List pgsql-patches
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Is there a reason you didn't list the pl/PHP one?  Seems appropriate
> for that list no?
>
> On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

adapted.

>> Attached is a patch to the README file to bring it a little more up
>> to date with
>> current PostgreSQL.
>>

> ----
> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services
> (http://www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
> 7615664

>       match

12,14c12,35
< The JDBC, ODBC, C++, Python, and Tcl interfaces have been moved to the
< PostgreSQL Projects Web Site at http://gborg.postgresql.org for separate
< maintenance.  A Perl DBI/DBD driver is available from CPAN.
---
> PostgreSQL has many language interfaces including some of the more
> common listed below:
>
> C++ - http://thaiopensource.org/development/libpqxx/
> JDBC - http://jdbc.postgresql.org
> ODBC - http://odbc.postgresql.org
> Perl - http://www.cpan.org
> PHP - http://www.php.net
> Python - http://www.initd.org/
> Ruby - http://ruby.scripting.ca/postgres/
>
> Other language binding are available from a variety of contributing
> parties.
>
> PostgreSQL also has a great number of procedural languages available,
> a short but not complete list is below:
>
> pl/c - Included in PostgreSQL core
> plPgsql - Included in PostgreSQL core - Similar to Oracle PL/sql
> plPerl - Included in PostgreSQL core
> plPHP - http://projects.commandprompt.com/projects/public/plphp
> plPython - Included in PostgreSQL core
> plJava - http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pljava/projdisplay.php
> plTcl - Included in PostgreSQL core
27c48
< ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/.  For more information look at our web
---