Re: ODBCng looking for testers - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: ODBCng looking for testers
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Tom Lane wrote:

>"Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> writes:
>

>>We are not trying to replace the current ODBC driver but we do things
>>a little differently which may benefit certain ODBC users. Primarily
>>we are protocol based, not libpq based ...
>>

>Why are you repeating the mistake that the existing ODBC driver made?

I don't know that it is a mistake. It works very well in testing
for us. When we were in discussions last summer it was deemed
that was a more favorable direction. Although it will add some
maintenance issues as the protocol changes.

Joshua D. Drake