Re: stats for failed transactions (was Re: [GENERAL] VACUUM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: stats for failed transactions (was Re: [GENERAL] VACUUM
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> I'd argue it's fine: there are tons of people using row-level stats
> via autovacuum, and (AFAICT) just about nobody using 'em for any other
> purpose.  Certainly you never see anyone suggesting them as a tool for
> investigating problems on pgsql-performance.

Actually, I use the stats for performance tuning.  However, I can't say
that I care about the exact numbers; I'm just looking for columns which
get "lots" of seq scans or indexes that don't get used.

--Josh