Re: question about large databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: question about large databases
Date
List pgsql-general
Sergey Karin wrote:
> Maybe someone have a comparision results of Postgres, DB2, Oracle
> and Informix (or postgres and any of commertial DBMS) when this DBMS manage
> with VLDB? I will VERY, VERY respect to that man for the information...

It is against the rules of your Oracle licence to publish performance
comparisons with other databases. The same with most other commercial RDBMS.

If you can provide more details about your setup, someone else might
have experience to share though.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd