Re: [PERFORMANCE] Stored Procedures - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rikard Pavelic
Subject Re: [PERFORMANCE] Stored Procedures
Date
List pgsql-performance
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> If you're dealing with something that's performance critical you're not
> going to be constantly re-connecting anyway, so I don't see what the
> issue is.

I didn't include mailing list in my second reply :( so here it is again.
Someone may find this interesting...

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2004-04/msg00084.php

 From Tom Lane:
"EXECUTE means something different in plpgsql than it does in plain SQL,

and you do not need PREPARE at all in plpgsql.  plpgsql's automatic
caching of plans gives you the effect of PREPARE on every statement
without your having to ask for it."