Re: Infrastructure monitoring - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Infrastructure monitoring
Date
List pgsql-www

> Well john has told me in the past he'd be happy to move the search to more
> suitable servers. It's a big database handling a high volume of queries
> though so a shared or old machine simply won't do.
>
> I don't know how ASPseek will run on modern hardware, but the
> far-less-efficient Mnogosearch became a gibbering wreck on a dual 3GHz Xeon
> with 4GB RAM and what iirc was a 147GB RAID1 array.
>
> Do you think Command Prompt might be able to help in this case? John can
> give a better idea of the actual requirements of course - the only other
> oddity that I can recall is that ASPSeek must be compiled with gcc 2.95 due
> to some changes in the hashing functions in the STL in later versions which
> cause index bloat.
Sure we could help and we are happy to. John what types of machines
are we talking about here?

Also if ASPSeek actually is an issue we can look into OpenFTS which I have
used successfully in the past, I also believe it is what pgsql.ru uses.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/