Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 29 Jul 2010, at 21:52, Sandeep Srinivasa wrote:

> So what am I driving at ?   If you have to time to spare or have the inclination, please please put out blog posts,
how-tos,guides which relate to usecases like putting up a blog, setting up an online shop, configuring a popular CRM
package,etc. rather than pure DB-centric information. Please put information out there on how to configure Drupal,
SugarCRM,Trac,
> Yes, I know to RTFM - but then I see the buzz around MySQL and am swayed.

First, allow me to agree that more documentation about these things would be good.

You should realise though, that the difference in available documentation of such applications is also due to the
differencein size of both communities. There are lots and lots of people who deploy MySQL for their purposes, and some
writeabout how they did that. There are relatively few people who've done so for PostgreSQL, and some even wrote about
it,but to make up for the difference "we" need to do a lot more writing of articles than those MySQL folks.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4c52aa10286211691277456!