Re: binary vs. txt dumps with pg - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Dick Visser
Subject Re: binary vs. txt dumps with pg
Date
List pgsql-admin
Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> I believe that by default the custom format is gzip'd, which also means
> you probably couldn't exclude just the timestamp. Though if you're using
> rsync, I think there's a good chance it would only tranfer the first few
> hundred KB...

Yes that is true.
What I forgot to mention is that our backups are made with rsnapshot.
This means that if files have changed, a complete copy of the file is
backupped....

--
   *    ***     Dick Visser         TIENHUIS Networking
  **   *   *    Touwbaan 68             P: +31206843731