Re: Create Database using JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Markus Schaber
Subject Re: Create Database using JDBC
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi, Thomas,

Thomas Dudziak schrieb:

> But why then not requiring that no one is connected to the template1
> database ? That shouldn't be too much of a requirement. Myself, I
> develop with postgres on a daily basis (using JDBC), and even I have
> pgAmin only open when necessary eg. for checking that some data was
> inserted in the db or testing a query.

This will not be possible on installations with a large userbase, you
have a bunch of users, admins and developers which are using all kinds
of programs that (partially implicitly) connect to template1.

Maybe the debian way (add an additional postgresql database for this
purposes) should be adopted?

Markus