Re: accessing text of the query in a rule - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: accessing text of the query in a rule
Date
List pgsql-general
Toni Casueps wrote:
> I am making rules for a table and I want to know what values or
> variables can I use apart from the "new..." and old... fields, for
> example I would like to read the SQL query that the user wrote that
> caused this rule to execute. Can this be done?

No. And there's isn't necessarily an original query that's relevant.
What about a rule activated due to actions taken by a trigger. Are you
still interested in the user's query, or the query the trigger issued?

If there's a particular problem you're trying to solve, the details
might well give someone enough info to help.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd