Re: Why select 1 where current_date = 'infinity'; doesn't work? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
Subject Re: Why select 1 where current_date = 'infinity'; doesn't work?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Francisco Figueiredo Jr." <francisco@npgsql.org> writes:
>>> ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type date: "infinity"
>>> I thought I could use it anywhere in my sql.
>
> No, only timestamps support infinity.
>
> We do have a TODO item to allow type date to do that too.  It's been asked
> for often enough, not sure why it hasn't happened.  Seems easy enough,
> maybe I'll go do it.

Thank you very much, Tom, for your feedback on this!!

I will update our forum discussion with this information.

I know this may sound a little bit uncommon, but to me it's an honor
to know you are paying attention to my message! :)

Thanks again.

--
Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.