Re: OS X 7.4 failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: OS X 7.4 failure
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>"Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com> writes:
>

>>So the recent thread about getting 7.4 compiling on OS X inspired me.
>>But what I can't understand is that I've yanked --with-ssl, but it's
>>still looking for libssl:
>>

>Tad hard to believe.  Maybe you missed a "make distclean" or so?

"make distclean" should never be necessary for a buildfarm run - we
always build in one of these 3 ways:

. against a fresh checkout made with 'cvs export'
. against a one-off temporary copy of our local repo, made after we ran
cvs update
. against our local repo using VPATH

The recent release of buildfarm code goes to some length to ensure that
the repo is clean, in case somebody has mangled it by hand.

cheers

andrew