Fuzzy text search - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jennyw
Subject Fuzzy text search
Date
Re: Fuzzy text search  (Hannes Dorbath <light@theendofthetunnel.de>)
Re: Fuzzy text search  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
List pgsql-general
We've heard that PostgreSQL can do fuzzy search, but haven't had much
luck. I'm brand new to PostgreSQL, so this might be completely obvious
for an experienced user.

Are there any how-tos on fuzzy text searching? Someone said to try using
tsearch2, but it seems that it does full-text searching, but not fuzzy
search. Ideally, we'd like to use that w/ a fuzzy search option. In
particular, if someone searches for "imat" we want to return results
including "immaterial" and "imaterial" (so misspellings plus partial match).

Thanks!

Jen