Tablespaces with Windows 2000 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stefan Balzter
Subject Tablespaces with Windows 2000
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm having a hard time trying to create a tablespace with Windows 2000
and PostgreSQL 8. Is there a How-To somewhere on the Net? I only find
tablespace issues with Linux. One article even claimed it was impossible
with Windows, but since I've tried it successfully in a localhost
installation with WinXP, I know this isn't true.

The equivalent of the "owner" of a directory in Windows seems to be the
one who created it. IOW, when I created a tablespace with WinXP in a
directory that the owner of the postmaster service had created, it
worked. In another directory, it wouldn't work. However, somehow I can't
get it to work in a client-server environment with a Win 2000 server.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stefan