Re: Linux equivalent library for "postgres.lib" from Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Linux equivalent library for "postgres.lib" from Windows
Date
Re: Linux equivalent library for "postgres.lib" from Windows  (Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>)
List pgsql-general
On 11/6/2016 9:28 PM, Gadamsetty, Kiran wrote:

I am new to the product and in windows “postgres.lib” provides certain functions which we are using in windows for creating extensions.

Now I am porting the project to Linux and there no straight library with this name in Linux binaries packages.

Can someone please advise the equivalent library for postgres.lib in Linux?

I am not sure what this postgres.lib is, what are the functions you're using ?

libpq.so is the standard postgres client library.  it provides the PQxxxxxx functions documented here, https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/libpq.html

or are you talking about the SPI_xxxxx functions used by C functions being called within postgresql ?