Re: Error on pgAdminIII 1.2.2 and 1.4.0 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Error on pgAdminIII 1.2.2 and 1.4.0
Date
List pgadmin-support
Keith wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've reviewed the messages for the last few months and
> googled my problem but cannot see an answer.
>
> At work we installed pgSQL 8.0.4.  All the defaults
> were accepted on the server (Win 2003).  At home I
> installed also (Win XP), this time with all the
> optional data types and functions.
>
> Whenever I connect to the work server from home (but
> not localhost) I get the following message: "Error:
> pg_postmaster_starttime() does not exist.  HINT: No
> function matches the given name and argument types.
> You may need to add explicit type casts."

This is very strange. pgAdmin checks for the existence of the function,
before trying to use it.
Only reason I could think of is some namespace issue. Is
pg_postmaster_starttime in some exotic schema, while pgAdmin expects it
in public or pg_catalog? Some search_path issue?

Regards,
Andreas