Re: Oracle and PostgreSQL... - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Oracle and PostgreSQL...
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> And consulting companies exist exactly to parrot whatever the current
> conventional wisdom is.  Gartner only came across as ill-informed in
> that report (or any other I've ever read by them) when I actually
> knew something about the technolgies in question.

Gartner seem to have the same problems as the wider press do with any
technical field - they don't know what they're talking about. When it is
reporting on who said what when, both are fine. When it's discussing
figures, they seem broadly OK. Once you need to get technical they
generally flounder.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd