8.04 and RedHat/CentOS init script issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tony Caduto
Subject 8.04 and RedHat/CentOS init script issue
Date
Re: 8.04 and RedHat/CentOS init script issue and sleep
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
I installed 8.04 via RPM on Centos 4.2 which is the same as RedHat 4.2
and while booting the init script reports that the daemon [FAILED], but
after I logon it shows the postmaster running and I am able to connect
from any client remotely.

I made not modifcations to the script and there is nothing out of the
ordinary in the log.

Thanks,

Tony