Re: Oracle buys Innobase - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Beutin
Subject Re: Oracle buys Innobase
Date
Re: Oracle buys Innobase  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
CSN wrote:
> There are some articles on eweek about this:
>
> Oracle Finds the Flaw in MySQL's Business Plan
>
> "This is what Oracle says in its release: "InnoDB's
> contractual relationship with MySQL comes up for
> renewal next year. Oracle fully expects to negotiate
> an extension of that relationship."
>
> This is what Lubet, former Oracle sales mistress, has
> to say about that: "I'm pretty sure, as an ex-Oracle
> employee, that the sentence in the release about
> 'We'll certainly be happy to renew the contract,' that
> it was written by Larry and that he was laughing out
> loud as he [dictated it]."
Maybe they lost the development of the know how for the only transaction
safe table type of the current mysql releases, but they still "own" the
former Adabas/MaxDB/SAP-DB code with transaction safe tables. Probably
they force the "union" of mysql and SAP-DB code base to keep their
transaction competence, but this are just my €0,02...

Greetings from Berlin,
-tb