Re: Thoughts Regarding Integration (was Re: Feedback - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Thoughts Regarding Integration (was Re: Feedback
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Joshua,

> I am working on a project called LibreLex; basically, it's a complete
> OSS law office.  I took a web-based GPL'd Law Office app (Knomos) and I
> am converting it from MySQL to PG.  Once that is done, I will integrate
> it with Quasar Accounting - a GPL'd accounting application that uses PG
> as a backend.  How will this integration work?  I plan to create a set
> of triggers on the Knomos tables so that when they are updated, the
> Quasar tables are updated accordingly; so, for instance, when a lawyer
> records an event on his timesheet, this event will automatically
> propagate to the client's current invoice in Quasar.

Feel free to bounce ideas off me; I've written several legal apps in my
time (document coding, settlement accounting, case/calendar management).
  I'm on irc.freenode.net and on AIM as "agliodbs".  UDFs are key for
case management.

> Integration is a way that OSS can be very competitive against Microsoft;
> and PostgreSQL is a way to achieve that integration.

Yes ... that's why the Bizgres project is working on integrating PG,
KETL, JasperSoft and OpenI into one "stack".

--Josh