Re: Time to start the PR machine - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Time to start the PR machine
Date
Re: Time to start the PR machine  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Javier, Josh, Mitch, etc.:

> How about instead looking at this issue by trying to define a short
> statement about postgres which should be included in every release,

You know, all of your feedback would be *much* more useful if you
actually read the release I have up, currently.   I'll repeat, because
nobody on *this* thread has once referred to this fact:

The "ABOUT POSTGRESQL" statement contains a mention of the BSD license
and its business-friendliness.

Now, all of you, please read the release and make comments on what's
actually there, thanks.

http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/85/release.txt

The question is not whether we need to mention our license.   That's
already there.  It's whether it needs more emphasis than it's already
getting, like the phrase "released under the flexible BSD license" in
the first paragraph.

--Josh