Re: Request Tracker ( RT ) recommends MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Request Tracker ( RT ) recommends MySQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 9/29/2005 3:44 AM, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

>> I'm the one that Chris mentioned that did the performance tuning on RT.
>> Best Practical are really good people to work with, but they will only
>> use code that will work across all databases the support.  There was one
>> query in particular that made really horrible use of OR clauses. I sent
>> in details on how to rewrite the query using  unions, which changed it
>> query from a "execute your query and go make coffee" type of query to
>> one that completed in a very reasonable period of time.  I was told that
>> it wasn't an option because MySQL didn't have Unions.
>
> MySQL 4 has unions...

... as well as a different license for the client library. Might not be
a problem for RT itself, but you know, some people have multiple
databases with different applications, so 3.x backward support has some
value in it.

Jan