Re: Vacuum questions... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Vacuum questions...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 9/24/2005 8:17 PM, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> Would it be difficult to vacuum as part of a dump? The reasoning behind
> this is that you have to read the table to do the dump anyway,

I think aside from what's been said so far, it would be rather difficult
anyway. pg_dump relies on MVCC and requires to run in one transaction to
see a consistent snapshot while vacuum jiggles around with transactions
in some rather non-standard way.

Jan