Re: pgsql: On Windows, when a file is deleted and another process still has - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: On Windows, when a file is deleted and another process still has
Date
List pgsql-committers
> FWIW, the checkpoint is mostly complete at that point, all that's left
> is non-critical cleanup. I admit it's still annoying.

"Mostly complete" isn't good enough, and it's much more than just an
annoyance --- failure to complete checkpoints will lead to disk full,
and other nasty things IIRC.  We really need to deal with this.

I wouldn't be too surprised if that rat's nest in InstallXLogFileSegment
isn't right :-(.  But we have to treat "file can't be renamed" as a
nonfatal condition on Windows.

            regards, tom lane