Re: Extraordinarily slow!! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Extraordinarily slow!!
Date
Re: Extraordinarily slow!!
List pgsql-general

>Bizarre.

Question:

Does the problem happen when you just type psql?
What if you pass the host option? e.g; psql -h 127.0.0.1
What type of auth are you running?

>Don't use Gentoo?  Seriously, that distribution is completely
>unsupportable because no one else has the faintest idea what you are
>really running.  You've probably got some system component that is
>either broken in itself or incompatible with some other component,
>but there's no way to tell which.

I would have to agree with Tom here. Gentoo is a great
development machine and a fun toy but if you don't want
unknowns in your environment and Gentoo will easily introduce
them.

You really should look at something like Fedora Core or Ubuntu
if you want FREE. If you don't mind paying the SuSE is a good choice.
If you want RHE look and feel but don't want to pay, look at CentOS.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake