Re: Materialized Views in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tino Wildenhain
Subject Re: Materialized Views in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jean-Michel Pouré schrieb:
> Dear friends and all,
>
> Johnathan Gardner did a wonderful job on materialized views:
> http://jonathangardner.net/PostgreSQL/materialized_views/matviews.html
>
> Are there any plans to integrate materialized views written in plain C in the
> future. This can help gain a lot of time in Web applications.

I fail to see how C would improve the situation here because you just
send queries to the backend in those functions. You can use
the recipes on that page just as they are. If you feel like,
make them a contrib module you can easily apply to a situation.

Not sure how an implemenation "in database" could look like.
Maybe SQL standard reserves something for materialized views
I dont know?

Regards
Tino