Re: VACUUM - How long should it take?! - Here are some test - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Aldor
Subject Re: VACUUM - How long should it take?! - Here are some test
Date
List pgsql-admin
>>bgwriter_percent = 0
>>bgwriter_maxpages = 0

> Why did you do that?  There's certainly nothing in the docs recommending
> disabling the bgwriter.

I'm remembering that putting big data into the database ran faster with
this settings.

>>The duration of the VACUUM of tbl1 and tbl2 is okay - so how to speed up
>>now the VACUUM of tbl3?
>

> You have not showed us anything that would explain any speed differences
> between these tables.  Maybe there was some difference in the data you
> loaded them with?

The strings in the tbl3 are longer - I took the average length from the
original table which is about 94 characters.

I will make some tests with increasing the data in tbl3 with 100k,
1 Million and 100 Million rows.

I'll also try activating the bgwriter.

The other settings in postgresql.conf look for you ok?

Some other information

Encoding of Database: LATIN10
Locale: C

Regards, Aldor