connect/install problems - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From pjfjacks
Subject connect/install problems
Date
List pgadmin-support
I installed / uninstalled pgadmin 3 twice via synaptic, finally  grabbed
the package via apt-get install pgadmin3.   Not hanging up now, but
simply getting an authentication error in a pop up window:

an error has occured:

Error connecting to the server: FATAL: IDENT authentication
occured for user "myusername"

The same username/password gets me into the database just fine
via command line psql.

Via the dpkg command I see:
root@PhiLinux:/home/fractalvibes # dpkg -l pgadmin3
uppercase=bad)
ii  pgadmin3       1.2.0-1        Graphical administration tool for
PostgreSQL
root@PhiLinux:/home/fractalvibes #

Not sure what kind of config problem I have here....???

Phil J.