Re: [HACKERS] Proposed patch to getaddrinfo.c to support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Proposed patch to getaddrinfo.c to support
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> Possibly, but that's apparently not the only problem.  I'm looking at
> the first buildfarm result with this patch,
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=loris&dt=2005-08-25%2018:56:02
>
> The interesting part is the postmaster log at the bottom:
>
> LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: No error
> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 55678? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.
> WARNING:  could not create listen socket for "localhost"
> FATAL:  could not create any TCP/IP sockets
>
> Apparently, access to IPv4 sockets isn't working either (and the "No
> error" isn't very helpful; would seem we're not reading the right
> status value).

/me kicks brother out of winXP machine to see whats going on

Yep those changes proposed in my previous email fixes IPv4 too.

LOG:  database system was shut down at 2005-08-26 00:05:51 [removed
unreadable chars :)]
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/390CE0
LOG:  redo record is at 0/390CE0; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 562; next OID: 10791
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  transaction ID wrap limit is 2147484144, limited by database
"postgres"

Looks ok, i don't know what IPv4 has to do with all of this though.

--
Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)