Re: [HACKERS] Proposed patch to getaddrinfo.c to support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Proposed patch to getaddrinfo.c to support
Date
List pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Context diff, please, diff -c.

It needed dos2unix and pgindent as well. Here's a cleaned patch.

Thanks to Chuck for doing this work.

cheers

andrew
*** src/port/getaddrinfo.c    2005-07-28 00:03:14.000000000 -0400
--- /home/andrew/getaddrinfo.c    2005-08-24 16:04:29.000000000 -0400
***************
*** 8,13 ****
--- 8,17 ----
   * platform, we'll need to split this file and provide a separate configure
   * test for getnameinfo().
   *
+  * Windows may or may not have these routines, so we handle Windows special
+  * by dynamically checking for their existance.  If they already exist, we
+  * use the Windows native routines, but if not, we use our own.
+  *
   *
   * Copyright (c) 2003-2005, PostgreSQL Global Development Group
   *
***************
*** 29,34 ****
--- 33,132 ----

  #include "getaddrinfo.h"

+
+ #ifdef WIN32
+
+ #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
+ /* Bring in windows.h for LoadLibrary, FreeLibrary, and GetProcAddress routines */
+ #include <windows.h>
+
+ /*
+  * The native routines may or may not exist on the Windows platform we are on,
+  * so we dynamically look up the routines, and call them via function pointers.
+  * Here we need to declare what the function pointers look like
+  */
+ typedef
+ int
+             (__stdcall * getaddrinfo_ptr_t) (const char *nodename, const char *servname,
+                       const struct addrinfo * hints, struct addrinfo ** res);
+
+ typedef
+ void
+             (__stdcall * freeaddrinfo_ptr_t) (struct addrinfo * ai);
+
+ typedef
+ int
+             (__stdcall * getnameinfo_ptr_t) (const struct sockaddr * sa, int salen,
+                 char *host, int hostlen, char *serv, int servlen, int flags);
+
+ /* static pointers to the native Windows IPv6 routines, so we only do the lookup once. */
+ static getaddrinfo_ptr_t getaddrinfo_ptr = NULL;
+ static freeaddrinfo_ptr_t freeaddrinfo_ptr = NULL;
+ static getnameinfo_ptr_t getnameinfo_ptr = NULL;
+
+ static
+ bool
+ haveNativeWindowsIPv6routines(void)
+ {
+     void       *hLibrary = NULL;
+     static bool alreadyLookedForIpv6routines = FALSE;
+
+     if (alreadyLookedForIpv6routines)
+         return (getaddrinfo_ptr != NULL);
+
+     /*
+      * For Windows XP and Windows 2003 (and longhorn/vista), the IPv6
+      * routines are present the WinSock 2 library (ws2_32.dll).  Try that first
+      */
+
+     hLibrary = LoadLibraryA("ws2_32");
+
+     if (hLibrary == NULL || GetProcAddress(hLibrary, "getaddrinfo") == NULL)
+     {
+         /*
+          * Well, ws2_32 doesn't exist, or more likely doesn't have
+          * getaddrinfo.
+          */
+         if (hLibrary != NULL)
+             FreeLibrary(hLibrary);
+
+         /*
+          * In Windows 2000, there was only the IPv6 Technology Preview look in
+          * the IPv6 WinSock library (wship6.dll).
+          */
+
+         hLibrary = LoadLibraryA("wship6");
+     }
+
+     /* If hLibrary is null, we couldn't find a dll that supports the functions */
+     if (hLibrary != NULL)
+     {
+         /* We found a dll, so now get the addresses of the routines */
+
+         getaddrinfo_ptr = GetProcAddress(hLibrary, "getaddrinfo");
+         freeaddrinfo_ptr = GetProcAddress(hLibrary, "freeaddrinfo");
+         getnameinfo_ptr = GetProcAddress(hLibrary, "getnameinfo");
+
+         /*
+          * If any one of the routines is missing, let's play it safe and
+          * ignore them all
+          */
+         if (getaddrinfo_ptr == NULL || freeaddrinfo_ptr == NULL || getnameinfo_ptr == NULL)
+         {
+             FreeLibrary(hLibrary);
+             hLibrary = NULL;
+             getaddrinfo_ptr = NULL;
+             freeaddrinfo_ptr = NULL;
+             getnameinfo_ptr = NULL;
+         }
+     }
+
+     alreadyLookedForIpv6routines = TRUE;
+     return (getaddrinfo_ptr != NULL);
+ }
+ #endif
+
+
  /*
   * get address info for ipv4 sockets.
   *
***************
*** 47,52 ****
--- 145,159 ----
                 *psin;
      struct addrinfo hints;

+ #ifdef WIN32
+     /*
+      * If Windows has native IPv6 support, use the native Windows routine.
+      * Otherwise, fall through and use our own code.
+      */
+     if (haveNativeWindowsIPv6routines())
+         return (*getaddrinfo_ptr) (node, service, hintp, res);
+ #endif
+
      if (hintp == NULL)
      {
          memset(&hints, 0, sizeof(hints));
***************
*** 160,165 ****
--- 267,283 ----
  {
      if (res)
      {
+ #ifdef WIN32
+         /*
+          * If Windows has native IPv6 support, use the native Windows routine.
+          * Otherwise, fall through and use our own code.
+          */
+         if (haveNativeWindowsIPv6routines())
+         {
+             (*freeaddrinfo_ptr) (node, service, hintp, res);
+             return;
+         }
+ #endif
          if (res->ai_addr)
              free(res->ai_addr);
          free(res);
***************
*** 188,194 ****
      }

      return hstrerror(hcode);
-
  #else                            /* !HAVE_HSTRERROR */

      switch (errcode)
--- 306,311 ----
***************
*** 216,221 ****
--- 333,348 ----
              char *node, int nodelen,
              char *service, int servicelen, int flags)
  {
+
+ #ifdef WIN32
+     /*
+      * If Windows has native IPv6 support, use the native Windows routine.
+      * Otherwise, fall through and use our own code.
+      */
+     if (haveNativeWindowsIPv6routines())
+         return (*getnameinfo_ptr) (sa, salen, node, nodelen, service, servicelen, flags);
+ #endif
+
      /* Invalid arguments. */
      if (sa == NULL || (node == NULL && service == NULL))
          return EAI_FAIL;