Re: Set autocommit to off - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Aliomar Mariano Rego
Subject Re: Set autocommit to off
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr escreveu:

>On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 08:24:00AM +0000, Aliomar Mariano Rego wrote:
>

>>Does somebody knows why the Postgresql 7.4.8 or later doesn't supports
>>the option "SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF"?
>>

>Because server-side autocommit was a bad idea.  See the 7.4 Release Notes.
>
>http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/release-7-4.html
>
>"The server-side autocommit setting was removed and reimplemented
>in client applications and languages.  Server-side autocommit was
>causing too many problems with languages and applications that
>wanted to control their own autocommit behavior, so autocommit was
>removed from the server and added to individual client APIs as
>appropriate."

Thanks for your help. I had to install Dspace release 1.3.1
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/dspace/) and during the installation
process I have had an error "SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer
supported" at Postgresql-7.4.8 and Postgresql-8.0.3. So I installed
Postgres-7.3.10 and everything worked well.

Thanks for your attention.