Are these normal? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oluwatope Akinniyi
Subject Are these normal?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am sorry if I have to post this the third term having not recieved any response on the earlier two posts. I had also
checkedthe archive for a possible answer but could get any.

I installed a working SSL Certificate on Windows XPSP2 and Fedora Core 4.

The PostgreSQL 8.0.3 Documentation states the following in the creation of SSL certificates for SSL connection:

"Fill out the information that openssl asks for. Make sure that you enter the local host name as "Common Name"

I have two surprises:

1.   The Server starts with certificate having Common Name that is entirely different from the local host name on both
WindowsXP and Fedora.
2.   The Server starts with certificate having expired validity on both Windows XP and Fedora.

Please, are these normal?

Thanks

Tope Akinniyi
http://www.shepherdhill.biz