Re: Postgresql Books: Which one ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Aly Dharshi
Subject Re: Postgresql Books: Which one ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello All,

    I hope that you are well. Based on the consensus on the list and the good
recommendations from y'all. I will be ordering Douglas' book. I think that I
would benefit greatly from it. Thanks to all that responded to this thread.

    Cheers,

    Aly.

WELTY, RICHARD wrote:
> Aly Dharshi [mailto:aly.dharshi@telus.net] wrote:
>
>>Having read both books would your recommendation be
>>to go with Korry Douglas' book ?
>

> a qualified "probably". one of the things i'm going to do when
> i actually write the review is make a quick pass over douglas
> for a compare and contrast; i think that there's probably a
> bit of concensus on this list among those who have read douglas
> that it sets a pretty high standard.
>
> i also like _Essential PostgreSQL_ a lot, and still use it quite
> a bit, but it's getting somewhat long in the tooth. an 8.0 update
> of that one would be rather nice to have. it's very much a reference
> rather than a tutorial, though.
>
> richard

Aly S.P Dharshi
aly.dharshi@telus.net