Re: Looking for a large database for testing

From: Tino Wildenhain
Subject: Re: Looking for a large database for testing
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Looking for a large database for testing  (Sebastian Hennebrueder, )
 Re: Looking for a large database for testing  (Tino Wildenhain, )
  Re: Looking for a large database for testing  (Sebastian Hennebrueder, )
   Re: Looking for a large database for testing  (Sebastian Hennebrueder, )
 Re: Looking for a large database for testing  (Mark Rae, )
 Re: Looking for a large database for testing  (Oleg Bartunov, )
 Re: Looking for a large database for testing  ("Jim C. Nasby", )

Sebastian Hennebrueder schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to test the performance of my Java/PostgreSQL applications
> especially when making full text searches.
> For this I am looking for a database with 50 to 300 MB having text fields.
> e.g. A table with books with fields holding a comment, table of content
> or example chapters
> or what ever else.
>
> Does anybody have an idea where I can find a database like this or does
> even have something like this?

You can download the wikipedia content. Just browse the wikimedia site.
Its some work to change the data to be able to import into postgres,
but at least you have a lot real world data - in many languages.