Re: Upgrading 7.3.9 -> 7.4.8 - trouble with blobs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian Goetze
Subject Re: Upgrading 7.3.9 -> 7.4.8 - trouble with blobs
Date
List pgsql-general
>>pg_restore: [archiver] WARNING: skipping large-object restoration
>>

>IIRC, you get that if you're asking it to emit a text script rather than
>connect directly to the destination database server.  I think you need a
>"-d databasename" switch to make that happen.

Does this mean that the only way to upgrade is to have both the old and
the new databases running _at the same time_?

BTW, on further inspection, it would seem that the bytea fields loaded
properly after all - is the warning just a bug, or are "large objects"
something else altogether?
--
cg