Re: Usind database with encoding UNICODE and vovel - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Usind database with encoding UNICODE and vovel
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Josef Springer wrote:
> Hi anybody,
>
> Encironment: Win2k, german locale, PostgreSQL database with UNICODE
> encoding, using via ODBC
>                     Client encoding UNICODE.
>
> I can read strings containing vovels without problems, But writing
> strings containing vovels does not work !
> Can anybody assist ?

I've been posting a patch earlier this year (January) because I had the
same problem on Unicode databases. But this is not the ultimate patch;
it will create data errors with non-unicode databases (e.g. Latin-1). I
wonder if the odbc driver changes the client encoding to unicode, as it
should when connecting to non-ASCII databases.

Regards,
Andreas