Re: System catalog diagram - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Samuel Thoraval
Subject Re: System catalog diagram
Date
List pgsql-general

Reading through "Chapter 41. System Catalogs" down to sub chapter "pg_type" I could actually easily get the namespace's OID from table pg_namespce:  pg_namespace.oid.

So sorry, may be reading through the documentation is good enough and not so difficult :-[  ...

Samuel Thoraval a écrit :

Hi,

does anybody have a complete diagram showing the system catalog tables with their attributes and associations ?
I could only find one for the major system catalogs at http://www.ninthwonder.com/info/postgres/programmer/extend289.htm .

I find it difficult to find out which pg table holds the information I need reading through the pg documentation. For instance I currently need to get the OID for a given namespace in order to query the pg_type table, and I don't know where to find that information...

Regards,

--
Samuel Thoraval
LIBROPHYT, Bioinformatique