Re: Megabytes of stats saved after every connection - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phil Endecott
Subject Re: Megabytes of stats saved after every connection
Date
List pgsql-general
 >> This is Linux 2.4.26 and an ext3 filesystem.
 > With the dir_index feature or without?

With, I believe.  It is enabled in the superblock (tune2fs -O dir_index)
but this was not done when the filesystem was created so only new
directories are indexed I think.  I don't think there's a way to index
an existing directory on a mounted filesystem, or to tell if a
particular directory is indexed.  I created new directories for my
postgres data and moved the files into them in the hope that they would
then have indexes, but am not sure how to check.

In any case, this does not seem to be a bottleneck.

--Phil.